Is your Snapchat account deleted or you can’t log into it? There can be many reasons why your Snapchat account is inaccessible. But don’t worry in most cases, you can still recover your old Snapchat account.
In this article, I will share with you different methods using which you can recover the deleted Snapchat account. So without wasting any more time let’s begin.
- What Happens When Snapchat Account Is Deleted?
- How To Recover Permanently Deleted Snapchat Account After 30 Days?
- How To Recover Snapchat Account If Password Is Forgotten?
- How To Recover Snapchat Account Without Username, Email, Or Phone Number?
- How To Protect Your Snapchat Account From Getting Deleted, Deactivated, & Hacked?
- Can You Recover A Deleted Snapchat Account? Verdict
What Happens When Snapchat Account Is Deleted?
A Snapchat account is not permanently deleted, well not instantly. When you delete your Snapchat account it goes into a 30-day deactivation phase. This is the time provided to you by Snapchat so that you can find old Snapchat account back. While the account is in the deactivation phase, your friends cannot contact you on Snapchat.
Once the 30-day time period is over, your account is permanently deleted i.e. there is no way back from here. After the account is deleted along with it your friends, chats, snaps, snap score, and account settings all will vanish.
How To Recover Permanently Deleted Snapchat Account After 30 Days?
The most frequently asked question is “how to recover a deleted Snapchat account after 30 days” but is it even possible? I am afraid to tell you that it is not possible to recover a deleted Snapchat account after 30 days.
It is simply because after 1 month time period your Snapchat account is removed from the Snapchat server. So no matter how hard you try you can’t recover a deleted Snapchat account if it’s already been 30 days. But if 1 month is not completed yet then you can follow the below steps to retrieve the deleted Snapchat account.
1. On your iPhone or Android smartphone, launch the Snapchat app.
2. Tap on “Log In“.
3. Now simply enter the username and password of your old Snapchat account that you want to restore.
4. Next it will ask you whether you want to reactivate your account, tap on Yes.
5. Next, tap on OK, and your account will be reset. You will also receive an email regarding the same on your registered email.
How To Recover Snapchat Account If Password Is Forgotten?
It is common that people can’t access their Snapchat accounts because they have forgotten their passwords. If this is the case with you then don’t worry because you can easily restore the Snapchat password using the following steps.
Launch the Snapchat app and chose the Log In option. Now since you do not remember your password tap on the “Forget Password” option.
Now it will give you the option to choose a means using which you want to recover your password i.e. using email or phone number. You can choose any one of them and then tap on the Submit button.
You will receive an email or SMS on your phone depending on which option you have chosen. Click on that link to reset your password.
Once you have changed the password, you can use it to recover your old Snapchat account. It’s that simple.
How To Recover Snapchat Account Without Username, Email, Or Phone Number?
If you happen to forget your password then it is easy to retrieve it using the Forgot Password option. However, for that, you must remember your Email address or phone number added to your account. But what if you forgot your email address and phone number itself, in that case, it is hard to restore or recover your Snapchat account. But don’t worry you can still recover your account by taking help from Snapchat support. Here’s how to go about it.
First, go to the Snapchat Support page, and from there select the option Contact Us.
Next, you need to select the option I can’t access my account as a response to the first question. And for the second question, you need to select I can’t verify my email or mobile number.
Now a new option will pop up. Select YES under the Need help with something else.
Next, you need to enter a username, email, and phone number associated with the particular account. If you have forgotten email or phone number then you can use your another email or phone number so that Snapchat support can reach you there.
How To Protect Your Snapchat Account From Getting Deleted, Deactivated, & Hacked?
If you want to protect your Snapchat account from losing it again then you can follow these tips.
1. Never abuse the community guidelines provided by Snapchat. If you do so then your account deactivation is quite certain.
2. Take quick actions to recover your deleted account before 30 days time period is over. Because after that it is impossible to recover it.
3. Use strong passwords and two-factor authentication if you don’t want to lose your account to hackers.
Can You Recover A Deleted Snapchat Account? Verdict
Yes, you can recover a deleted Snapchat account, but there is a catch, it should not be more than 30 days after deleting the account. Once 30 days time period is over, there is no hope. If your account is not deleted but you still can’t access it then you can take help from the Snapchat support team. In case, you can’t log in to Snapchat because you have forgotten the password then reset it using the forget password option.
Recommended for you:
- How To Recover Deleted WhatsApp Messages
- How To Recover Deleted Call History On iPhone, Android & WhatsApp
- How To Recover Deleted Instagram Account Before & After 30 Days
- How To Recover Deleted Instagram Photos
How Long Until Your Snapchat Is Deleted?
Snapchat Account is permanently deleted in 30 days.
How Long Until My Snapchat Account Is Reactivated?
It can take up to 1 day to reactivate your account so be patient.
Why Does It Take 30 Days To Delete A Snapchat Account?
It takes 30 days because till then the account is in the deactivation phase so that you can still recover it.