Is your phone number deactivated and now you are looking for ways to get it back? Well, I can understand your pain because I have gone through the same situation some time back. I have done a lot of research on this topic and found some working tips that can help you reactivate deactivated phone number. So without wasting any time, let’s get started!
- Brief Overview
- Why Do Numbers Get Deactivated?
- Is It Possible To Get Old Phone Number Back Which Is Deactivated?
- How To Get Back A Deactivated Phone Number?
- What If I Can’t Get A Phone Number Back If It’s Deactivated?
- Final Verdict
If you want to reactivate a deactivated phone number then you need to act quickly as it may be allocated to a new user. Call your old number to check if it’s been assigned to someone. If it’s not been assigned to anyone then you can contact customer support for reactivation.
Why Do Numbers Get Deactivated?
There can be many reasons why your number got deactivated. Some of the most prominent reasons are as such:
- You are inactive for a long time: Most network owners deactivate a phone number after 90 days of inactivity while some do that after 180 days. If you don’t use your phone number i.e. don’t pay the bills for a long time then your phone number will get deactivated automatically.
- Your phone number was involved in fraud: If your phone was involved in any kind of fraud then the phone company will deactivate it without notifying you.
- You ported to another cell phone carrier: In case you ported out to another cell phone carrier then your old phone will get deactivated.
What Happens When My Number Is Deactivated?
When your phone number is deactivated you cannot further use it to receive or make phone calls, send text messages, etc. After the waiting period is over your number can be provided to a new user as well. Once the number is assigned to a new owner you cannot get it back.
Is It Possible To Get Old Phone Number Back Which Is Deactivated?
The answer to this question is both yes and no. It is because if you want to get back your old number after it has been more than 90 days then there’s a chance that your phone number is already provided to some other user.
If so then there’s no way to get your old number back. However, if your number is not assigned to any new user yet then there’s a good chance that your service provider may be able to reactivate your deactivated phone number. In the following section of the article, I will show you how to get back a deactivated phone number.
How To Get Back A Deactivated Phone Number?
Once a phone number is deactivated, it becomes part of a pool of available numbers. It means that the number becomes available for selling again and can be purchased by anyone. In case your service provider has not assigned your old number to another person, you have the option to request the reactivation of your old number.
If you want to check if your number is provided to someone else, you can check the status of your old number by calling it. If it rings or someone answers, then it’s likely someone else is currently using it. However, if you receive a message indicating that the number is inactive, then it hasn’t been reassigned yet, and you may be able to reclaim it.
If your old number is still available, you can contact your service provider to reactivate it. Here’s how you can request number reactivation.
- Remove the SIM card from your mobile device. Write down the printed numbers on the SIM card.
- Contact your network carrier’s customer service team via phone or email.
- Request the reactivation of your mobile number.
- Provide the customer care representative with relevant details such as the IMEI and SIM card numbers you wrote down earlier.
- Ask the representative whether you can continue using the same SIM card after reactivation or if you need a new one. Follow the instructions provided by the representative to complete the reactivation process.
What If I Can’t Get A Phone Number Back If It’s Deactivated?
There’s nothing you can do if your deactivated number is allocated to a new user. The best you can do is get a similar phone number to your old number. Almost every service provider gives you the opportunity to choose your phone number.
You can look for different phone numbers and pick one that resembles your old phone number. If you get a phone number similar to the number which got deactivated then it will be easier for you to remember it.
If your phone number is deactivated and you want to get it back then you need to show some urgency because once the number is allocated to a new user then you cannot reactivate it. You can confirm if your old number is assigned to a new user by making a phone call to it. If the bell rings and someone answers the phone then it means your number is been provided to someone else and you can’t do anything. However, if it says that the number is not active then you can contact your customer support and request for reactivation.
You might also like:
Do Deactivated Numbers Get Reused?
Yes, the deactivated number can be used again.
What Information Do I Need To Provide When Requesting Reactivation?
You need to provide your personal information, such as your name, address, etc. You may also need to provide the IMEI and SIM card numbers to reactivate the deactivated number.
Can I Reactivate My Phone Number With A Different Carrier?
It depends on the specific network carrier policies. You should contact the network carrier to see if they can reactivate a deactivated phone number for you.