WeChat is the biggest instant messaging platform in China and slowly it is becoming one of the most used social messaging apps around the globe. Some even consider it to be the alternative to WhatsApp. However, unlike WhatsApp, you don’t see cloud backup support on WeChat and hence once you lose the data from it then you may never get it back.
The same is true for the deleted WeChat contacts, because once you have lost the contacts from the WeChat account, you may lose them forever. But don’t worry there are still some ways that can help you recover deleted contacts on WeChat from iPhone & Android. And here I am discussing them with you.
- What Happens When You Delete A Contact On WeChat?
- What Are The Reasons For WeChat Contact Deletion?
- Recover WeChat Contacts On iPhone & Android Without Computer
- Restore Deleted Contacts On WeChat From Backup
- Retrieve Deleted Contacts From WeChat Without Backup?
- Make Use Of the WeChat Repair Feature on Android & iPhone
- Find Deleted Contacts In WeChat: Verdict
What Happens When You Delete A Contact On WeChat?
If you have intentionally or unintentionally deleted a contact on WeChat then it will be completely removed from your account. However, your contact will still remain as it is on their account. This means, the deleted contact can see your contact but won’t be able to send you messages, voice messages, or stickers to you on WeChat. Also, the deleted contact does not get notified about you removing their contact from your WeChat account.
What Are The Reasons For WeChat Contact Deletion?
There can be several reasons behind why you have lost your Wechat contacts but the most prominent reasons are as follows:
- You have mistakenly or accidentally deleted your WeChat contacts
- Sometimes upgrading to the latest version of the WeChat app may also result in a loss of contacts
- Physical or water damage can also lead to data loss in your phone
- If your phone gets infected with a malware or virus then also your WeChat contacts can get deleted
Recover WeChat Contacts On iPhone & Android Without Computer
If you don’t have a computer with you at the moment then you don’t need to worry because you can recover a deleted contact on WeChat on iPhone & Android itself.
WeChat automatically suggests your contacts based on phone numbers stored on your phone. If the person whose contact you’ve deleted is still in your phone contact list then you will get them in your suggestion.
Even if the contact is not stored on your phone then you can still find them by manually searching for them by their phone number or WeChat ID on the WeChat app. Here you have to note that you can only find deleted contact in WeChat by phone number if it is registered on WeChat.
Restore Deleted Contacts On WeChat From Backup
WeChat does not provide cloud backup, but they do allow you to create a backup in the local storage of your phone or computer. This means if you have lost the WeChat data like chat history, contacts, and media files then you can take the help of iTunes backup for the recovery. Follow these steps to retrieve deleted WeChat Contacts on your iPhone.
1. Run iTunes on your PC or Mac. Then, connect your iPhone to the PC via USB cable.
2. Wait till iTunes recognizes your phone. Once it does, select your iPhone from the dashboard.
3. Now choose the Restore Backup option. It may take some time for the backup process to complete. Be patient and you will most probably recover deleted contacts in WeChat.
Retrieve Deleted Contacts From WeChat Without Backup?
If you don’t have a backup of the WeChat Data then a data recovery software might help you out. A data recovery software like Stellar Data Recovery For iPhone can help you restore deleted contacts from WeChat. Here’s how it works.
1. First, you need to launch Stellar data recovery for iPhone on your computer. Then, you need to connect your iPhone to the computer and wait till the software recognizes it.
2. Now select the option to Recover from iPhone. This will run a scan on the iPhone, it will scan for all types of data be it contacts, messages, photos, or videos.
3. Once the scan is complete, all the recovered data will be shown to you. Here, click on WeChat and select the contacts you want to recover and then click on Save.
With this, you can easily recover the deleted WeChat contacts even if you have not created a backup at first.
Make Use Of the WeChat Repair Feature on Android & iPhone
If you don’t know then let me tell you that WeChat has an inbuilt repair feature that allows you to repair issues and find lost data. Although it has a low recovery rate, it is still a good free and easy way to retrieve deleted WeChat contacts. Here’s how you can use the repair feature of WeChat.
Note: The following steps are performed on iPhone but the steps are similar for Android users as well.
Launch the WeChat application on your phone and go to Me > Settings.
Then under Settings tap on the Help and Feedback option.
A pop-up screen will appear, tap on the wrench icon in the top right corner.
Now choose Repair and then select Contacts.
With this, WeChat will try to recover the deleted contacts.
Find Deleted Contacts In WeChat: Verdict
Once the WeChat contacts are deleted, they are considered to be gone for good. However, there are still ways using which you can restore WeChat contacts such as using the phone number or WeChat ID of the contact to search them on WeChat.
If you don’t remember the number or WeChat ID of your friend whose contact you have deleted then you can also use the backup to retrieve the deleted contacts on WeChat. If you don’t have a backup then only WeChat recovery software can help you.
How Can I Restore My WeChat Contact?
WeChat has no support for restoring deleted contacts. However, you can add the contacts again by their phone number, and WeChat ID.
How Do I Get My WeChat Data Back?
You can use a data recovery software to get your WeChat data back.
How Can I Backup WeChat Contacts?
WeChat does not provide a cloud backup facility, you have to store the backup in the local storage of your PC or another mobile phone.