Music is something that we all love and everyone must have a playlist of their favorite songs that they listen to when they are feeling low and need some motivation. In the age of online music streaming platforms like Spotify and Pandora people still have a playlist of their favorite songs stored on their computer and smartphone. This way they can listen to their favorite tracks anytime anywhere without needing to connect to the internet. However, such locally saved music files are subject to deletion due to human errors or corruption and virus attacks.
Losing your favorite playlist is very unpleasant, but you don’t have to worry as there is still some hope that you may recover it back. In this article, I share with you methods using which you can recover the deleted music files back irrespective of where you have stored them. So let’s start and get back your lost melodies!
Quick links to the specific parts of the article:
- Recover Deleted Music From Any Device
- Recover Deleted Music Files From Android Or iPhone
Recover Deleted Music From Any Device
You can recover deleted music files from your media devices such as a computer, phone, or SD card using a data recovery software or from the backup. In case of accidentally deleted audio files on the computer, you may also search the recycle bin and restore your lost melodies from there.
Here we share with you all the methods in detail so that you can recover your music from all devices and from all data loss scenarios.
1. Retrieve Deleted Music Files From Computer (Mac Or Windows)
If you used to store your playlist on the computer then you have three options to recover the deleted music files from it: recover from recycle bin, using data recovery software, or from the backup. Let’s discuss them one by one.
a. Restore Music From Recycle Bin/Trash
Recycle Bin on Windows and Trash on Mac stores temporarily deleted files of your computer till you empty the Recycle Bin on your own. If you have lost the music file by accidentally hitting on the delete button then you can easily recover it from the Recycle Bin folder. To recover the temporarily deleted audio files just open the Recycle Bin/Trash folder on your computer and search for the lost music file. Once you have found the music file right-click on it and hit on the Restore button.
With this, the music file will be restored to its initial location on your computer. It’s easy isn’t it and most of you must be already knowing about this method. But what if you cannot find the music file in the recycle bin? In that case, you have only two methods to recover the deleted music files back: one is from backup or the second is through data recovery software. Now if you have the backup of the files then well and good but if you don’t have the backup then using data recovery software is the last resort.
b. Use Data Recovery Software
Now before finalizing a data recovery software for recovering music files make sure it supports major audio formats such as MP3, FLAC, M4A, WAV, etc. Also before purchasing the software do check its free version so that you can confirm that it actually recovers audio files or not.
If you are confused you can make use of Stellar Data Recovery software. Stellar is among the best data recovery software for Windows (also available for Mac) out there and the best part is that it also has a tool for especially recovering multimedia files like photos, videos, and audios. It is called Stellar Photo Recovery software and here’s how you can use it to recover deleted audio files and music playlists.
1. Launch the software and select the location from where you have lost your music files. After selecting the drive you can enable the Deep Scan mode for better chances of recovery and then click on the Scan button.
2. Now you have to wait for the scan to complete, it may take some time. Once the results show up search for your lost music files by applying the filters
3. As you find the deleted files you can listen to its preview and then restore it to your computer by pressing the Recover button.
With this, you have successfully recovered the lost music file from your computer.
Check out our full review of Stellar Photo Recovery software.
c. Download Deleted Music From Backup
If you have a habit of keeping backup of your important files on Google Drive or you have set auto Google Drive backup on Windows then you can follow these methods to recover your deleted music from the cloud.
- Open your web browser and go to Google Drive. Now login to your account if not already.
- Find the music file you want to restore and right-click on it to Download it to your computer.
2. Recover Deleted Music Files From Android Or iPhone
Unlike computers, you don’t get a recycle bin on your smartphone so once the file is deleted from there it’s gone permanently. But if you have synced your phone to Google Drive then it must have a backup of your files. However, if you don’t have the backup then using data recovery software for the phone is the only option left.
a. Recover Deleted Music From Phone Using Data Recovery Software
If you have lost music files from the internal storage of your phone then you may need to use data recovery software that is specially designed to recover data from the phone like Stellar Data Recovery For iPhone and EaseUs MobiSaver for Android. Most of the data recovery software cannot scan the internal storage of the phone. On the other hand, if you have lost data from the SD card mounted on your phone then any data recovery software would do the job for you.
Retrieve Music From Internal Storage Of Phone
You can follow these instructions to recover music from your phone’s internal storage on any smartphone data recovery software.
- Plug your phone into the computer and run the software. Once the software recognizes the phone you need to run the scan.
- Next, you have to wait till the software completes the scan. Once the scan is completed you can search for the deleted music file or recorded audio file and check its preview.
- After that, you can recover the audio/music file to your computer and then to your phone (if you wish).
Note: To recover deleted music from Android through data recovery software you must root it first or you may not able to recover anything from it.
From SD Cards
If you happen to store your music on the SD card and not in the internal storage of your phone then you can simply unplug the SD card from the phone and connect it to your computer. Then you can make use of any good data recovery software that allows you to recover data from externally connected devices like a USB drive, SD card, and more. You can make use of Stellar Data Recovery software for easy and quick recovery of lost music from an SD card.
- Connect your SD card to the computer and then launch the data recovery software. Select connected device i.e. SD card for scanning it for lost music files.
- Now once the scan completes, select the recovered music file that you want to restore.
- After finding the song you can download them to your computer by clicking the Recover button.
Check out our full review of Stellar Data Recovery software.
b. Recover Deleted Music From Google Drive App
When you buy a new Android phone it asks you to create a Google account using which it creates a backup of your files on Google Drive. You can check your Google Drive app for lost music files and here’s how you can do that.
- Open the Google Drive app on your smartphone.
- Next, go to the folder where the audio files are stored or backed up.
- Once you find the files, tap the three dots icon next to the music file you want to recover.
- Finally, click on the Download option to recover the music file.
How Can I Recover Deleted Music From My Android Without A Computer?
You can recover deleted music from cloud storage if you have created a backup.
How Do I Get Back Deleted Music?
You can check the recycle bin for deleted music files or you can use data recovery software for this task.
Are Data Recovery Software Safe For Recovering Deleted Music Files?
Yes, data recovery software is totally safe and you can use it to recover your deleted music files.