KakaoTalk is a popular south Korean messaging app that is available on iPhone and Android. It is quite similar to Line, WhatsApp, and other instant messaging apps where you can chat with your friends, and share photos, videos, and documents in a safe encrypted environment.
If you have somehow lost Kakao messages then this article is for you. Here I will show you how to recover deleted Kakao messages on Android and iPhone. So are you ready to restore KakaoTalk chat history? If yes, then let’s begin.
- How To Recover Deleted Kakao Messages?
- Restore KakaoTalk Chat History On iPhone
- Retrieve Deleted Messages From Kakao On Android
- Recover Deleted Messages On KakaoTalk From Backup On Android & iPhone
- How To See Deleted Messages On KakaoTalk? Final Verdict
How To Recover Deleted Kakao Messages?
It is possible to retrieve deleted KakaoTalk messages and chat history on Android & iPhone and here’s how you can do that.
Restore KakaoTalk Chat History On iPhone
1. From iTunes Backup
If you have a habit of keeping a backup of your iPhone on iTunes then there is good news for you. And that is you can recover deleted Kakao messages from iTunes backup. But there is a problem with this method, iTunes will reset your iPhone and restore the entire backup to it. This might impact the existing data on your phone because it can be overwritten by the backup process. If you still want to go with this method then follow these steps:
- Connect your iPhone to your Macbook or Windows PC and lunch the iTunes app.
- Wait till the software recognizes your phone. Once it does click on the iPhone icon.
- Next, go to the Backup option and choose the backup that you want to restore and then finally click on Restore Backup.
2. From iCloud Backup
If you wish to see deleted messages on KakaoTalk then you can restore them from your iCloud backup as well. Similar to the previous method, this one will also restore the backup to it so there is a risk of losing unsaved data. To go further with this method you can follow the below steps:
The first step to restoring deleted KakaoTalk messages from iCloud is to factory reset your iPhone. If you don’t have an idea about how to erase an iPhone then you can take help from this guide.
- After erasing your phone follow the on-screen prompts and choose Restore from iCloud Backup.
- Next, enter your Apple ID and password, and then choose the backup from which you want to restore.
Once the restore process is complete open the KakaoTalk app and check if your messages are recovered or not. This should work most of the time.
3. Using An iPhone Data Recovery Software
An iPhone data recovery software is the best solution to restore deleted Kakao messages and chat history without backup. The reason I say this is because using third-party recovery software you can restore the Kakao messages from iTunes, and iCloud without deleting your existing data.
In other words, the software can help you restore particular files from iTunes and iCloud without resetting your phone which is not possible if you do it manually. You can make use of tools like Stellar Data Recovery for iPhone for this purpose.
Retrieve Deleted Messages From Kakao On Android
If you want to restore KakaoTalk chat history on Android without backup then you need data recovery software for Android like EaseUS MobiSaver which can help you in the task.
You need to install the app on your computer and then connect your phone to it. Run a scan on your phone and wait till all the data is recovered. Lastly, restore the deleted KakaoTalk chat history to your phone.
Note: The Android phone must be rooted in order to recover the deleted KakaoTalk chat history and messages using third-party software.
Recover Deleted Messages On KakaoTalk From Backup On Android & iPhone
This method works well on both Android and iPhone. However, you must have enabled the backup on your KakaoTalk app prior to message deletion. To recover messages from KakaoTalk backup you can follow these steps.
- Uninstall the KakaoTalk app from your phone and then reinstall it. Next, log in to your account by verifying your cell number.
- As soon as you fill in your profile information, the backup option will appear on your screen. To restore the backup, tap on the Restore button.
- Next, you will need to provide your backup password and then wait for the process to complete.
With this, your KakaoTalk app will be restored and all your deleted chat history will be recovered.
Note: Do not use any other app while the backup process is in progress. Also, keep your phone connected to the internet until the entire backup process is complete.
How To See Deleted Messages On KakaoTalk? Final Verdict
No matter whether you are using the Kakao app on an Android or iPhone, you can restore the chat history and see the deleted messages as long as you have the backup in place. However, if you forgot to keep a backup of chats then making use of third-party apps is the only solution. The chance of recovering deleted messages using data recovery software is not 100%. Hence I recommend you always back up your messages so that you can easily restore them in case they are deleted.
How Do I Download Kakao Chat History?
You can download Kakao chat history from the backup.
Does Kakao Delete Chats?
KakaoTalk stores the chats in their server for 2-3 days after that they are permanently deleted.
What happens if I unregister from KakaoTalk?
All your data including your chats, friends, etc. will be deleted.