Your Microsoft account manages your Outlook email account. In case you are not able to access your Outlook account or you think your account has been deleted then do not worry. I can help you to recover your deleted Outlook account easily with a step-by-step process.
Moreover, I will explain whether you can get back your inactive and permanently deleted account or not. Additionally, I will add some bonus tips for the safety of your Outlook account. So without wasting any time let’s start.
- Brief Overview
- How Do I Confirm If My Outlook Account Is Deleted?
- How To Recover Your Microsoft Username?
- How To Recover Deleted Outlook Account?
- Does Outlook Delete An Inactive Account?
- Can I Reactivate A Permanently Deleted Outlook Account?
- Bonus Tips
- Final Verdict
Microsoft stores your Outlook data on its servers for 60 days after your request for account deletion. You can recover your deleted Outlook account by signing in to your account within the 60-day time window and your Outlook account will be reactivated. Otherwise, your MS Outlook account will be deleted permanently and recovery will be impossible.
How Do I Confirm If My Outlook Account Is Deleted?
You can confirm whether your account is deleted or not easily by following the methods explained below:
Check Your Login Password And Username
Before you think your MS Outlook account has been deleted, first make sure you are entering the correct login details.
Reset Your Microsoft Password
If you have forgotten your Microsoft account password then you would not be able to retrieve your Outlook account. However, you can change the password of your Microsoft account by following the password recovery steps below:
1. Go to the Microsoft login page and enter your username and click Next.
2. Then click on Forgot password?
3. Now complete the verification by entering the last 4 digits of your registered phone number and selecting Get code.
4. Next, enter the security code and click on Next.
5. Enter your new password and again select Next.
6. Finally, sign in to your Microsoft account using the updated password.
How To Recover Your Microsoft Username?
You can find an old Outlook account without the username by following the steps I have explained below:
1. Go to Microsoft support using this link.
2. Then click on Look up your username from here, you will be redirected to a new web page.
3. Next, enter an email address or a phone number with a country code (+1 for United States) linked to your Microsoft account and select Next.
4. Now, verify that you are human and click on Submit.
5. By doing this, you will receive a security code. Enter the code and select Next.
6. Finally, your Microsoft username will be visible on the screen. Select the username and click on Sign in to access your account.
In case the above-mentioned steps do not work then you can find your username on your PC’s product or service, such as your Microsoft 360 or Office, Xbox, Windows, etc.
Still, if you are not able to get your Microsoft username then there is a possibility that your account has been deleted.
How To Recover Deleted Outlook Account?
You can reopen your Outlook account on one condition only. If you have requested Microsoft to cancel your Outlook account then you get a 60 days account reactivation window. You can always sign in to reopen your deleted Outlook account within the account deletion period and access Outlook.
However, missing the 60 days time window will get your Outlook account permanently deleted and every other Microsoft service and subscription.
To get your Outlook email account back follow the steps mentioned below:
1. First, go to the Microsoft login page and click on Sign In.
2. Then enter the username that you used to delete your account, which could be your phone number, email address, or your Skype id, and click Next.
3. Now, enter your password and select Sign in.
4. Next, click on the Reopen account.
5. From here you will be asked to enter the last 4 digits of your registered phone number. Do this and click on Send code.
6. Enter the code that you have received and select Next.
7. Now, click on Done and your Outlook account is reactivated.
Finally, log in to your Outlook account using Microsoft account credentials and your Outlook account will be recovered.
Does Outlook Delete An Inactive Account?
Microsoft deletes Outlook account after 1 year of inactivity. If your Outlook email account has been deleted for this reason then you will never be able to reactivate your deleted Outlook account. The only thing you can do is create a new account and start again.
Can I Reactivate A Permanently Deleted Outlook Account?
When your Outlook account is deleted permanently then all of your data is removed from the Microsoft servers also. This makes it impossible to retrieve your permanently deleted Outlook account.
Here are some valuable tips to secure your MS Outlook account:
- Always use a password manager. It will save your password and username and help you to sign in easily.
- Update your Microsoft account password regularly.
- Do not share your login credentials with anyone.
- Log in within the 60 days account deletion period to reopen an accidentally deleted Microsoft account.
Recommended Microsoft Outlook articles for you:
- How To Repair Corrupt Outlook PST File
- Stellar Repair For Outlook Review
- How To Recover Deleted Calendar Events In Outlook?
It is not possible to recover a permanently deleted Microsoft account. However, you can get back your Outlook account if you have submitted the account deletion request yourself.
Microsoft allows its users to reactivate their closed accounts within 60 days before removing their data permanently. So hurry up and reopen your MS Outlook account using the steps I have explained above. Also, do not forget to implement the tips to protect your Outlook account from getting deleted.
What Happens When I Delete Outlook Account?
Once you delete your Outlook account then you will not be able to send and receive emails on it.
Can I Recover A Permanently Deleted Outlook Account?
No, once your Outlook account is permanently deleted then it would be impossible to get it back.
How Do I Recover My Outlook Account?
You can recover your Outlook account by entering the correct login credentials. If this does not work then you can reset your password by following the steps mentioned above.