iPhone has one of the best cameras ever seen on a mobile phone. Moreover, recently they have added a filmmaking mode to their new iPhone which makes it even better for recording videos be it personal or professional. Not just the camera but the software of the iPhone is great as it lets you edit the video on the phone itself without the help of a PC.
But sometimes people mistakenly trim video and then regret it because they cannot restore trimmed video on iPhone. Don’t worry, in this article, I shall show you a couple of ways using which you can get the original video back after trimming on iPhone. So are you ready to learn the ways to revert a video back to the original on your iPhone or iPad? If yes then let’s get started!
- How Do I Edit A Video On My iPhone Without Losing The Original?
- How To Revert A Video Back To Orginal In iPhone
- Can You Revert Trimmed Video To Original Video On iPhone?
How Do I Edit A Video On My iPhone Without Losing The Original?
Before we move to the part where I show you how to restore trimmed video on iPhone, let’s find out how you can trim a video on your iPhone without losing the original. Most people lose the original video on iPhone because they trim it in the native Photos app of the iPhone. And instead of saving it as a new clip, they overwrite the original video mistakenly. Here’s what you can do to edit a video without losing the original.
- Make a copy of the original video on your PC and then edit it there on a video editing tool like Filmora, HitFilm, etc.
- Install a third-party video editing app on your iPhone like Splice or any other app of your choice. If you trim the video using a third-party app, you can store it in another folder without overwriting the original video.
- You can also trim the video and share it with your friends and then revert back to the original videos using the Photos app. If you don’t know how to revert video on your iPhone then keep reading.
How To Revert A Video Back To Orginal On iPhone
1. From iPhone
If you want to restore a trimmed video on your iPhone then you have the option to do it from the Photos app.
- Go to the Photos app to find the edited video that you have trimmed. Once you have found the video tap on it and hit on the Edit option at the top right corner.
- Now simply click on the Revert option at the bottom right corner of the video.
- Lastly, click on the Revert to Original option to restore the original video.
Note: Reverting to the old video will remove all the effects, edits, and trim you have applied to the video.
2. From Computer Using iTunes
If you have a habit of backing up your data to iTunes then you are in luck because with help of iTunes you can recover original videos after trimming. Just follow the below steps:
- Connect your iPhone to the computer on which you have created the iTunes backup.
- Now select your device from the iTunes dashboard and go to the Restore backup section.
- Next, click on the Restore option and then wait till the restore finishes. Once the backup is complete your iPhone will restart, don’t disconnect your phone from the computer till it reboots and syncs with the computer once again.
This way you can retrieve edited videos on your iPhone. However, the problem is that it restores all the data on your iPhone which means you may lose some data that you have stored on your phone prior to creating the backup.
3. From iCloud
If you have enabled iCloud backup on your phone then all your data will backup automatically on the cloud storage when your phone is connected to the internet. In case your phone was not connected to WiFi or cellular data while trimming the video then you can restore the original video from iCloud backup because it will not be overwritten yet with the trimmed video.
- Log in to your iCloud account with your Apple ID.
- Next, you need to go to the Photos section.
- Now select the video that you want to restore and then click on Recover.
With this, you can recover a trimmed video on your iPhone using iCloud backup.
Note: For convenience, you can also use iPhone data recovery software like Stellar Data Recovery for iPhone which comes with iTunes and iCloud backup recovery options. Not only will it help you recover the original video after trimming but also the accidentally deleted videos.
Can You Revert Trimmed Video To Original Video On iPhone?
If you have accidentally trimmed a video on your iPhone then you still have a chance to revert a video back to the original from the Photos app. If you are not successful in doing so then you can also make use of iTunes backup which stores the backup of your phone on the internal storage of the computer. You can definitely find the original video in the iTunes backup itself if you frequently back up your iPhone to iTunes.
However, if iTunes didn’t help then you can use iCloud backup. However, it only works if your phone was not connected to the internet while trimming the video. The reason is that, if the phone was connected to the internet then the trimmed video will be synced to the iCloud and the original video will be overwritten. I recommend you use a third-party app to trim a video or create a backup of the original video before trimming it.
Recommended: How To Restore Photos From iCloud To iPhone
Can You Recover A Trimmed Video On iPhone?
Yes, you can recover a trimmed video on your iPhone using the revert video option provided in the Photos app.
How Do I Find An iTunes Backup?
On Windows you can find it in the location: UsersUSERNAMEAppDataRoamingApple ComputerMobileSyncBackup. On Mac you can find it in the location: /Users/USERNAME/Library/Application Support/MobileSync/Backup.
Does An iCloud Backup Save Everything?
Yes, iCloud syncs almost all types of data including the photos, videos, and settings of your device.