Microsoft PowerPoint is one of the most used presentation tools in the world. This application allows you to express your ideas in a more attractive way. If you have mistakenly deleted slides from your PPT(PowerPoint Presentation) then this article is just for you. Because I will tell you how you can recover your deleted PowerPoint slides in a step-by-step process.
Moreover, I will share a detailed guide to restore your permanently deleted slide in PowerPoint. Additionally, I will share some useful tips and tricks to save your PPT slides from unexpected deletion. So without wasting any second let’s get started.
- Brief Overview
- How To Undo Deleted Slides In PowerPoint?
- Restore Unsaved PowerPoint Slides
- How To Recover Deleted PowerPoint Slides?
- How To Restore Previous Version Of Slide Presentation In Powerpoint
- How Do I Recover Permanently Deleted Slides In PowerPoint?
- Bonus Tips To Protect Your PowerPoint Slides From Deletion
- Final Verdict
You can recover unsaved versions of your deleted PowerPoint slides from the Recover Unsaved Presentations which can be accessed from the File option. However, this trick will only work if you have enabled autosave from the PowerPoint settings. Moreover, if your PowerPoint slides are synced with One Drive then you can easily restore previous versions of your PowerPoint files from OneDrive’s Version history.
How To Undo Deleted Slides In PowerPoint?
In case, you have accidentally deleted a page or slide in PowerPoint then do not worry. You can quickly reverse the deletion by pressing the Ctrl+Z shortcut key or clicking on the Undo Slide Arrow icon from the left side Quick Access Toolbar.
Restore Unsaved PowerPoint Slides
All unsaved work progress and changes are temporarily stored in Recover Unsaved Presentations. In case, you delete your PPT slides by mistake and close the file without saving them, then you can get back the accidentally deleted slide from Recover Unsaved Presentations. To do that, follow the below-explained steps:
1. First, open PowerPoint and select the File option.
2. Next, double-click on Manage Versions then Recover Unsaved Presentation.
3. After doing this, a new window will open on PowerPoint with a list of your unsaved file versions of deleted slides.
4. Next, select the PPT file that you want to restore and double-click to open it. After this, your PowerPoimt file will be recovered with your deleted slides. However, this will be a read-only PowerPoint file.
5. To change your read-only file into the original file click on the Restore button.
6. Finally, select OK and your deleted slides will be recovered.
How To Recover Deleted PowerPoint Slides?
The deletion of PowerPoint slides is permanent and cannot be restored without the help of cloud storage services such as OneDrive, Google Drive, etc. However, not having your PPT slides synced with one of these cloud services may result in the permanent deletion of your PowerPoint presentation slides.
If your PowerPoint presentation files are already synced with the cloud then what are you waiting for? Let’s hurry up and get back your accidentally deleted slides to the PPT file. To do this, follow the below steps:
Note: For the demonstration purpose, I will be using Microsoft OneDrive.
1. First, click on the cloud icon to open your OneDrive.
2. Then, select the PowerPoint file and click on 3 dots.
3. Next, click on Version history and a new window will appear on the screen with a list of all previous versions of the selected PPT file.
4. Now, select the file version that contains the slides before the deletion, and once more select 3 dots.
5. Finally, hit the Open button and your deleted slides will be recovered in PowerPoint.
How To Restore Previous Version Of Slide Presentation In Powerpoint
Windows File History is a tool that can quickly retrieve your deleted PowerPoint slides by restoring the previous versions of the presentation. To enable the File History on your PC you will need to connect an external device and turn on the file history from Windows File Explorer.
This is an amazing trick that can work on stand stand-alone PC without internet. If you do not prefer to use the internet a lot then File History can be a huge help for creating a backup for your PPTs and other essential files.
However, File History requires you to connect the hard drive or USB drive to the PC whenever you are working. If somehow it gets disconnected then you will get a notification asking you to reconnect the drive.
Note: If your slides get deleted while your PC is disconnected from the drive then that file version will not be recorded in file history.
Steps To Restore Previous Version Of Slide Presentation In Powerpoint
You can bring back deleted PowerPoint slides by following the steps mentioned below:
1. Open File Explorer and check the connection of your PC and drive.
2. Next, right-click to select the PPT file and click on Restore previous versions.
3. Now, you will see all previous versions of the selected PPT file in a new window.
4. Finally, select the one you want to recover and then click on Restore. Confirm the restoration of deleted slides by selecting the OK button.
How Do I Recover Permanently Deleted Slides In PowerPoint?
Suppose you have lost your slides due to the permanent deletion of your PPT file and you are unable to restore it from Windows Recycle Bin or any other backups then don’t be afraid. There is one thing you can do to undelete your permanently deleted file and restore it back to its original place.
This can be done with the help of data recovery software also known as EaseUS Data Recovery Wizard. It’s a file recovery tool that can quickly recover your deleted PowerPoint slides or PPT files. You can get a detailed step-by-step PowerPoint file recovery process by going through our guide on undelete permanently deleted PowerPoint files.
Bonus Tips To Protect Your PowerPoint Slides From Deletion
Now, I will share some smart tips to keep your PowerPoint Slides safe from deletion:
Enable Protected View On PPT Files
Protected view keeps your PowerPoint file and other data secure from the unexpected deletion of slides from the PPT file. To enable it you can follow the below steps:
1. First, open your PPT file in MS PowerPoint and click on File.
2. Next, click on the Protect Presentation and finally select Mark as Final.
3. By doing this, a pop-up will open on the PC screen, click on OK and your PPT slides will be Protected.
3. In case, you want to make some changes then click on the Edit Anyway button and the Protected view of your PowerPoint slides will be disabled.
Enable Auto-save Option
Autosave settings keep your slides safe from accidental deletion by saving your work progress after a certain time period. It can be enabled by following the steps below:
1. First of all, open the PowerPoint file on your device. Then click on the File option and select Options. By doing this a new window will open on the screen.
2. Next, go to the Save option and check the “Save AutoRecover information every X minutes” box. Moreover, you can adjust autosave timing using up-down arrow buttons.
3. Additionally, enable “Keep the last autosaved version if I closed without saving,” so that you can access your unsaved files from the given file location: C:\Users\Username\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\PowerPoint\
4. Finally, click on the OK button and your Autosave feature will be enabled.
Save Your PPT Slides On OneDrive Or Google Drive
Always create a backup for your important PowerPoint slides and files. OneDrive and Google Drive are secure cloud storage services that you can use to keep your PPT slides protected against accidental deletion.
I am sure, this article will be handy for the successful recovery of your accidentally or permanently deleted PowerPoint slides. Moreover, I have included some simple but important measures to keep your slides safe from deletion.
How Do You Undo A Page In PowerPoint?
Just press Ctrl+Z shortcut key and your accidentally deleted PowerPoint slide will be restored on your PPT.
How Do You Restore Slides In PowerPoint?
You can recover slides in PowerPoint by restoring the previous version from File History or cloud storage like OneDrive and Google Drive.
How Do I Recover Permanently Deleted Slides In PowerPoint?
Your permanently deleted PowerPoint slides can be recovered by third-party data recovery software.