People are now using their phones for capturing and storing their photos more than ever so much so that the sales of DSLR have reduced up to 87 % in the last 10 years. This is because people don’t prefer to carry their heavy DSLR all the time as they can now capture similar quality photos from their phones.
However, keeping all the photos on your phone may be risky because sometimes due to an accident or mistake your photos may get deleted. If you have created a backup then it’s good but if not then the only way to recover your lost photos is by using data recovery software.
And in this article, we are going to have a look at the same that how can you recover your lost photos from Android with or without backup. So keep your phones ready and let’s get started!
Recover Permanently Deleted Photos From Android
If you have already synced your Android phone to Google Photos then your photos must be already uploaded to Google’s server. You can anytime recover photos from Google Photos if you happen to delete them from your Phone’s internal storage.
But if you have not created the backup then using data recovery software is the last resort. We will discuss both the scenarios in this article so you can recover your deleted photos for sure.
Quick links to specific parts of the article:
1. Recover Deleted Photos With Backup
If you have created a backup of your photos on Google Photos then even if you delete photos from the gallery of your phone you can download them from Google Photos using these steps:
1. Open Google Photos app on your phone. Now select the photo you want to restore in your gallery.
2. Once the photo opens up click on the hamburger icon on the top right corner.
3. Next, click on Download option to save the photo in your gallery.
That’s it you have successfully recovered deleted photos from Google Photos. But sometimes you may also delete the photos from Google Photos by mistake. In this case, you can follow the methods shared by us on how to recover deleted photos from the Google Photos article.
2. Recover Permanently Deleted Photos From Android Phone Without Backup
Note: This method only works on rooted Android phones.
To recover your photos when you have not synced your photos to Google Photos is not possible without investing in good data recovery software. And one such software is EaseUs MobiSaver For Android.
But as we told you this software only works if you have a rooted device. If you don’t have a rooted Android phone you can root your phone for free of cost.
Note: Rooting your phone null and voids its warranty so do it at your own risk.
Enabling USB Debugging On Android Phone
Okay so let’s start recovering your lost photos using EaseUS Mobisaver for Android. But before that, you will have to enable USB Debugging on your Android Device. For that, you can follow the following steps.
1. Go to your phone Settings and select About Phone. Scroll down and tap 7 times on Build Number.
2. After clicking on the Build number 7 times, Developer Mode will be enabled on your device. Now, go back to Settings and under System, you will find Developer Options.
3. Tap on Developer Options and scroll down and toggle on the USB debugging option.
With this, you have successfully enabled the USB debugging on your Android device. Now you can simply connect your phone to your PC and start recovering your lost photos.
Recover Photos From A Rooted Device?
1. Connect your Android phone to the PC using a USB cable and launch the software. The software will recognize the connected phone in a few seconds. Once the phone is recognized by the software, click on Start.
Now, wait till the software gets permission from your phone to scan it in order to recover deleted photos from it.
2. You will get a pop-up message on your rooted device, grant the permission in order to let the software run a scan on your phone.
3. After providing the permission the software will run a scan on your device. It may take some time depending on the size of your device. Once the scan results show up, click on Gallery on the left side panel. Here you will see all the images from your gallery, you can toggle on the switch at the top that says Only display deleted items. With this, you will only see the deleted photos and it will be easier for you to recover them.
4. Now select the photos you want to retrieve and hit on the Recover button at the bottom right corner.
5. Next, select a location on your PC where you would like to store the recovered photos and you are good to go.
With this, you have successfully recovered the deleted photos using EaseUS MobiSaver software. In case you don’t want to root your device you can use the next method.
Recover Lost Photos From Android Phone Without Root
EaseUS Mobisaver is also available as an app for Android phones. It can run a scan on your device to recover lost photos from it without needing the root permission.
However, without rooting your device it can only run a quick scan on it. Photos that were intentionally deleted can be recovered using this method. But photos deleted due to virus attack or software failure can’t be recovered without root permission. Nonetheless, you can still try it for once to see whether or not it can recover your deleted photos.
1. Install the EaseUs Mobisaver Android app on your phone from the Google Play Store.
2. Launch the app once installed. Now, click on Photos & videos to run a scan on your device to recover multimedia files from it.
3. Now wait till the scan is completed. Once the scan is complete it will show you the number of items it has recovered. Tap on the OK button to proceed.
4. Select all the photos you want to recover and tap on the Recover button at the top.
With this, all the selected photos will be restored to your device’s internal storage.
Note: Free version of this app only lets you recover up to 20 photos per day. If you want to recover more you can purchase the Paid Version of it.
Recover Permanently Deleted Photos From Android: Final Thoughts
Recovering lost and deleted photos from Android phones is very much possible but it sometimes needs you to root your devices. Therefore we always recommend you sync your photos to Google Photos or any other third-party photo backup service so that you can easily recover the photos in case of data loss without rooting your phone.
Can Photos Deleted From The Gallery Be Recovered?
Yes, you can recover photos deleted from the gallery.
Where Do Permanently Deleted Photos Go?
The permanently deleted photos remain in the memory of your device as long as it is not overwritten by new data.
How Do I Recover Deleted Photos From Android Without Backup?
If you don’t have a backup of your photos then the only way to recover them is by using data recovery software.