Google Pixel has one of the best cameras on a smartphone. If you own a Google Pixel phone then you must be clicking a lot of photos on a daily basis. But what if you lose some of your favorite photos on Google Pixel, can you get them back? Keep reading this article as I will show you some ways using which you can recover deleted photos on Google Pixel. So without wasting any more time let’s begin.
- Brief Overview
- Where Do The Deleted Google Pixel Photos Go?
- How To Recover Deleted Photos On Google Pixel Phone
- Recover Deleted Google Pixel Photos From Computer
- Use Data Recovery Software To Retrieve Deleted Photos On Google Pixel
You can recover deleted photos on Google Pixel using two methods. The first method is through Google Photos, if you have uploaded your Google Pixel photos to Google Photos then you can easily download them from there. However, if you don’t have a backup or you have also deleted the photos from Google Photos then you have only one option left and that is using a data recovery software like EaseUS MobiSaver or Stellar Photo Recovery.
Where Do The Deleted Google Pixel Photos Go?
When you delete your photos from your Google Pixel they are moved to the Trash folder. From the Trash folder, you can retrieve the deleted files or photos within 30 days from deletion.
How To Recover Deleted Photos On Google Pixel Phone
Deleted photos can be recovered on your phone’s gallery with the help of Google Photos. The steps follow as:
Note: Keep in mind that the below-mentioned process will only work if you have backed up your Google Pixel photos to your Google Photos account.
1) Open your phone and login into your Google Photos app.
2) Tap on a Photo or video you want to download.
3) Tap on the three dots in your top right screen corner.
4) And tap on the download icon and your photos will be restored in your Google Pixel phone’s gallery.
Recover Deleted Google Pixel Photos From Computer
In case you want to recover your Google Pixel photos on your laptop/PC for any reason then read the following process.
1) Visit Google Photos on your browser and sign in using the same Google account as in your Google Pixel phone.
2) Select the desired photos and videos. You can select multiple photos and videos to download at once which is not possible on the Google Photos cell phone app. Click on the three dots on the top right side of your computer screen and select Download or press Shift+D to download the photos.
Use Data Recovery Software To Retrieve Deleted Photos On Google Pixel
If you have permanently deleted your photos and videos from your Google Pixel device and are not able to recover deleted photos from Google Photos as well then you won’t be able to recover them using the methods mentioned above. But there are some free and subscription-based tools that will help you to find deleted photos on Google Pixel.
1. iMyFone D-Back for Android
iMyFone D-Back for Android is all-file recovery software that takes proper care of user data. It’s a paid subscription-based tool that makes a large amount of data recovery faster than its counterparts. Apart from recovering the deleted files, this app allows you to repair damaged photos but to have all these services you have to buy the subscription first.
1. Install the iMyFone Windows software from its official website.
2. Once it’s installed, double-click on the app icon on your computer screen and click on Recover Phone Data.
3. Connect your Pixel phone to your computer with a USB cable and select transferring images mode also known as PTP (Photo Transfer Protocol).
4. Next allow debugging from your Google Pixel phone. Finally, click on Start scanning.
5. Select the method of recovery you can choose quick scan for the recovery of recently deleted files or full scan for all deleted files and wait till your Google Pixel phone is scanning.
6. Choose the files you want to recover and click on the Recover to Device button at the bottom right of the screen to restore deleted photos on Pixel phone. Alternatively, you can also retrieve your deleted Pixel photos to your PC by choosing the Recover to PC option.
EaseUS MobiSaver for Android
If you don’t have access to a computer or PC then you can directly install the MobiSaver Android app on your Google Pixel.
EaseUS MobiSaver is data recovery software and it can help you to recover your permanently deleted photos and videos on your Google Pixel. The free version of this software allows you to recover 20 images per day free of cost. For a large amount of data recovery, you have to purchase a subscription.
Here’s how to use the EaseUS MobiSaver app to recover deleted photos from Android phone:
1) Install EaseUS MobiSaver app from Google Play Store.
2) Open the app on your Google Pixel phone and let it scan the deleted files. It can recover all sorts of files including photos and text messages.
3) Select the photos you want to retrieve and tap on Recover.
With this, your deleted photos will be recovered on your Google Pixel phone. You can check out my EaseUS MobiSaver review for a detailed explanation of how this app works.
Dr. Fone Photo and Data Recovery
This is an amazing software through which you can recover your Google Pixel Photos and videos. It comes with a free trial version. Like MobiSaver, Dr. Fone Photo and Data Recovery allow you to recover data directly from your Pixel phone with its dedicated Android app.
If you want to purchase it then you can get it at a reasonable subscription of $39.95/ month.
Following are the steps to use Dr. Fone Photo and Data Recovery app for Android:
1) From the Play Store and install Dr.Fone: Photo & Data Recovery app on your Google Pixel phone.
3) Allow access to manage all files of your device and sign in.
4) Run a scan for deleted Photos and Videos.
5) Once the scan is complete select the files you want to recover. Click on the Recover button.
Now go to your Google Pixel’s Gallery and your permanently deleted Photos and videos will be there.
Recovering deleted photos on your Google Pixel phone is easy when you have stored your photos on Google Photos. But if you have permanently deleted your photos from both places i.e. your phone storage and Google Photos then it takes a lot of effort.
Using above mentioned photo recovery software is not always free and costs a lot of money. That’s why it’s better to be safe than sorry. As a precaution always keep a backup of your important files.
You may also like:
- How To Recover Deleted Photos From Amazon Photos
- How To Recover Deleted Photos On Chromebook
- How To Retrieve Deleted Photos On Samsung Phones
- How To Recover Deleted Instagram Photos
- How To Restore Photos From iCloud To iPhone
- Best Photo Recovery Software For Mac And Windows
Can I Recover Permanently Deleted Photos From Google Photos After 1 Year?
No, you cannot recover permanently deleted photos after such a long time because the 30 days trash deadline and 60 days Google Photos backup deadline has been breached.
Can I Download All Photos And Videos At Once From The Google Photos To My Google Pixel Phone?
No, you will not be able to download all photos and videos in one go in your Google Pixel. That said, you can save multiple photos at once by accessing the Google Photos website from your PC and then transfer them to your Pixel phone.
Are Google Pixel Photos Permanently Deleted?
No, your photos are not permanently deleted until they are overwritten by some other data. You can make use of data recovery software to retrieve the deleted Google Pixel Photos.